Children of Grace
Christian Formation Classes ~ (September 8 to May 12)
- Holy Moly! Yes, that’s really the name of the Sunday morning gathering for children. We gather on the children’s wing (upstairs in the parish building) to watch a Holy Moly Bible video in the Media Room. After the Bible video, children go to their age level class and respond to the Bible story with reading, activities, games, crafts, and more! We make popcorn every Sunday and the children are allowed to sprinkle their favorite toppings on the popcorn. We close with prayer and a blessing each week.
Fourth graders and up:
- Lectionary Exploration and Confirmation Prepartion. This class explores Bible stories from the Old & New Testatments of the Holy Bible, and learn more about The Episcopal Church.
- Wednesday Evenings – Holy Eucharist with the family at 5:30 PM – Dinner is provided during Beans & Rice Prep. Wednesdays (last Wednesday of each month)
- Extras! We are a liturgical church and our worship follows the Book of Common Prayer for worship. We learn about and observe the seasons of the church year and celebrate our common life and ministry often!
Children's Worship (September - Mid-May)
Children’s Worship (September – Mid-May)
Ages 4 years – third grade
“Praise the Lord, all you nations! Extol Him, all you peoples!
For great is His steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord
endures forever. Praise the Lord!” Psalm 117
An age-appropriate children’s worship service is conducted most Sunday mornings in the Children’s Chapel during the Rite II (10:30 AM) ( September-May 13) worship service. During worship time, children learn about and begin to appreciate the wonder and grandeur of our liturgical worship. Children who wish to participate will follow the cross at the end of the Procession. The children return at the offertory to continue worship with their parents. Mid
Children in Worship
Children of all ages are welcome to worship services. To parents of young children: Relax! God put the wiggle and giggle in children. All are welcome! Sit towards the front where it’s easier for your little ones to see and hear what is going on during worship. Little children tire of seeing the backs of others. You might quietly explain the parts of the worship service, help the children to find hymns and prayers in the BCP. Sing the hymns and participate in the liturgy and prayers. Children learn about worship and liturgical behavior by copying you. If you have to leave, feel free to do so, but please come back. It’s really a matter of personal choice. Little Blessings Nursery is open with attentive and caring attendants that will welcome your children!
Children of Grace - Outreach Opportunities
who are members of my family, you did it to me.” Matthew 25:40
- The Anniston Animal Shelter
- Anniston Soup Bowl
- Grace Lobsterfest Event that benefits Habitat for Humanity
- Christmas Clearing House
- Bethany Village at Camp McDowell – Donated Rain Barrels made during VBS in summer 2013
- Planted a Community Garden on the church grounds during VBS 2012
- Homeless Care Packs during VBS 2014
- Made and painted Butterflly Houses as a gift to: Camp McDowell, Interfaith Vegetable Garden, Anniston Botanical Garden.
- Held a raffle for The Welcome Table, which was the centerpiece of VBS 2017. The money collected during the raffle was distributed to the ministries that we learned about during VBS: The Gleaner Box, The Anniston Soup Bowl, Beans & Rice Ministry at Grace Church, Children of Grace Outreach Ministries.
- Rally Day
- St. Francis of Assisi Animal Blessing
- Annual Parish Retreat
- Annual Parish Picnic
- Parish Family Movie Night
- Epiphany Celebration
- Kindness Rock Project
- Vacation Bible School
- Christmas Pageant & Cookies & Punch Reception on Christmas Eve
- Butterfly Release & Egg Hunt
- Mardi Grits
- Advent Wreath-Making
- Vacation Bible School